Why miffins? Well, instead of admitting to a typo (me?! Never!!!), mini muffins are now known as miffins in our house! As a general rule, I am not a fan of baked banana goods. Give me a real, fresh banana anyday. But these muffins are chocolatey and banana-ery without having that typical banana bread taste. It may be the sour cream? I don't know, but I'm not complaining! It's a great way to use up those sad looking bananas that sit in our fruit bowl all on their own and just know they aren't going to be eaten.
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 small bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup chopped milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place flour, baking powder & sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs & oil until combined.
- Fold into the flour mixture with the banana & chocolate, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray, bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to stand in the tray for 5 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Using 2 large bananas as opposed to the 2 small bananas as listed in the ingredients doesn't make a difference to this recipe.
- I always add more choc chips of any colour, it wouldn't be right if I didn't!
- If I have only a bit of sour cream left in the container, I add that in too. Doesn't seem to make any difference to the end result.
- For me, these muffins stick to paper muffin pans so I generally use the silicon ones for these.