Sunday, October 29, 2006

What's your favourite 'cook in a flash' meal?

Hi everyone, I would love to read about all your favourite quick meals. You know the ones. You come home late, tired and grumpy (and starving) and the pantry is looking a bit on the lean side...
For me, I trot out the old student meal - two minute noodles cooked with frozen mixed veg (stir fry mixes are great) and any old other veg lying around in the bottom of the crisper. Drain, chuck some grated cheese on top and voila! - dinner in about 4 minutes (and very cheap too)...
So how about you, what's your favourite 'chuck together' meal?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good question! I often do scrambled eggs and toast when my inspiration and energy has run dry.

The other night though we had nothing fresh around at all, so I heated up a tin of ratatouille and served it over couscous made with vege stock. It was surprisingly OK!

Del Hansen said...

Yeah! Eggs are a great standby when all else fails and you are just about to order a pizza, and I love couscous with any old leftovers - nice and quick but still with a bit of culinary flair. Sometimes I throw in some finely chopped veg while the stock is coming to the boil and then add the couscous. A great way to add vegies when you know you aren't getting enough of them (which is most of the time).